I see trees and shrubs starting to change colour, what an art show! 我見秋色漸深了,美的像幅畫!
Easy and Yummy Chocolate Truffles
72% dark chocolate 250g
heavy cream (1 can) 170ml
butter 2 teaspoons
vanilla extract or alcohol as flavour (optional)
Suggest Coating ingredients:
crushed nuts (pistachio, walnuts, peanuts…)
plain or colourful chocolate sprinkles
1. Break dark chocolate into smaller pieces in a large bowl, if they are big pieces. This is for easy and faster melting. Add in butter and optional flavour (vanilla extract or alcohol) in the bowl as well.
2. Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan until simmer, stir to prevent burning.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate bowl and let it sit to absorb heat for a minuate and then stir until this batter (called a ganache) is smooth. (Microwave this bowl 10 seconds if chocolate did not melt completely.)
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or lid and refridgerate it for about 2 hours to firm the ganache for easy shaping.
5. Prepare coating ingredients in small bowl(s).
6. Scoop the small amout of ganache in your palm and roll it into a ball. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Gently, drop the ball into the small bowl(s) with coating materials. Coat it well and pick the finished truffle and place it individual small paper cups until all ganache is finished.
Store chocolate truffles in room temperature or refrigerate them. Enjoy!
So many different pretty oak trees turning colour and producing acorns in autumn. Some autumn foliage will be bright red or red or orange or yellow or not changing colour so it will eventually dry out and become brown.
In some culture, acorns are used as food, eat as nuts for emergency or dried, grind into powder, get the starch with water cook in short time and can make jelly like tofu, with sauce, it is nice and special! I have tried few times.
Some countries their culture believe eating acorns are good for your health–perhaps because of the mighty oak lives strong and long?
We were having our tea in our backyard in the afternoon, I saw a pair of praying mantis mating, a cicada flying by and making noise, a humming bird enjoy and rest on a humming bird feeder, squirrel was moving her young one by one from old nest to new warm nest back and forth. And I, I enjoyed tea and harvested some garden vegetables!
冰淇淋鬱金香’Ice Cream’ Tulips Tulipa ‘Ice Cream’
Looking forward next spring! 真期待明年春天!
Cold hardy perennial. This double flowered variety of tulip bulbs are hard to find in fall. Easy to grow. Best growing in full sun location. Double white flowers with red and green in late spring. Flower looks like vanilla ice cream on top of the strawberry, very cute and unique! USDA Zones:3-8. Mature size:1′-1.5′(H) X 3″-9″(W). Propagate by bulbs, offsets or division.
耐寒強健的多年生植物. 這重瓣品種在秋天賣球根時很難找到. 容易栽種. 最好栽種在全日照處. 春末開重瓣白花,外圍有紅色與綠色像極了草莓上的香草冰淇淋,可愛又獨特! 極其耐寒不甚耐熱.. 繁殖以球根,側芽/球或分株的方式來進行.
Reference links: 參考網站資料連結:
https://www.thompson-morgan.com/p/tulip-ice-cream/t46306TM https://davesgarden.com/guides/pf/go/144514/#b https://www.americanmeadows.com/flower-bulbs/tulip-flower-bulbs/tulip-bulbs-ice-cream