72% dark chocolate 250g
heavy cream (1 can) 170ml
butter 2 teaspoons
vanilla extract or alcohol as flavour (optional)
Suggest Coating ingredients:
crushed nuts (pistachio, walnuts, peanuts…)
plain or colourful chocolate sprinkles
1. Break dark chocolate into smaller pieces in a large bowl, if they are big pieces. This is for easy and faster melting. Add in butter and optional flavour (vanilla extract or alcohol) in the bowl as well.
2. Heat the heavy cream in a small sauce pan until simmer, stir to prevent burning.
3. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate bowl and let it sit to absorb heat for a minuate and then stir until this batter (called a ganache) is smooth. (Microwave this bowl 10 seconds if chocolate did not melt completely.)
4. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap or lid and refridgerate it for about 2 hours to firm the ganache for easy shaping.
5. Prepare coating ingredients in small bowl(s).
6. Scoop the small amout of ganache in your palm and roll it into a ball. It doesn’t have to be perfect. Gently, drop the ball into the small bowl(s) with coating materials. Coat it well and pick the finished truffle and place it individual small paper cups until all ganache is finished.
Store chocolate truffles in room temperature or refrigerate them. Enjoy!